Clapham Holme Farm Weddings
Clapham Holme Farm is situated in Great Hatfield near Hornsea we are proud to introduce our new onsite wedding venue “Granary Barn” we opened in March 2018.
We can also host civil ceremonies so why not have your full wedding day down on the farm.
We are just a 15-minute drive from Hull and Beverley, Our Barn seats up to 200 people, hire comes fully furnished with tables and chairs, Dance floor and Bar, and a lovely cozy snug area for your guests to enjoy the atmosphere of the day.
We also have on site four 4 star rated holiday cottages sleeping up to 18 people, but no fear if you have more guests we also have a caravan site and tent field on site for any extra guests that would like to have a weekend of celebrations from BBQs the night before to a game of footy by the lake, we cater for it all and will help you and your guests have a wonderful weekend.
Clapham Holme farm has a beautiful lake and gardens for photographs to help make some lasting memories of your special day.
BARN HIRE & WHATS INCLUDED
INCLUDES EXCLUSIVE USE TO ENABLE YOU TO SET UP THURSDAY & FRIDAY READY FOR YOUR WEDDIING ON SATURDAY TO VACATE BY SUNDAY 3pm.
HIRE INCLUDES TOILETS, TABLES, CHAIRS, TABLECLOTHS, A FULLY STOCKED LOG BURNER, A BAR AND FULLY TRAINED BAR STAFF.
PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE
TABLE WINE ONLY MAY BE PROVIDED BY YOURSELF. NO CORKAGE WILL BE CHARGED FOR THIS
YOU PROVIDE THE CATERING AND ENTERTAINMENT OF YOUR CHOICE
TOTAL COST £4,500
A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF £1000 WILL SECIURE YOUR WEDDING DATE
HIRE OF THE COTTAGES
FOUR COTTAGES SLEEP 18 GUESTS
COWSLIP COTTAGE 1 DOUBLE 1 TWIN 1 SINGLE
PRIMROSE COTTAGE 1 DOUBLE 1 TWIN 1 SINGLE
DAFFODIL COTTAGE 1 DOUBLE 1 TWIN
SNOWDROP COTTAGE 1 DOUBLE 1 TWIN
£1,400 FOR ALL COTTAGES FOR TWO NIGHTS
THIS EQUATES TO £38.00 PER GUEST PER NIGHT!
CARAVAN AND TENTS
CARAVANS £16PER NIGHT WITH HOOKUP
MOTORHOME £16 PER NIGHT WITH HOOKUP
TENTS £10 PER NIGHT WITH HOOKUP
TENTS £5 NO HOOKUP
Frequently Asked Questions
Are you licensed for ceremonies?
Yes. Wedding ceremonies are held in our Atrium.
Do you have a wedding co-ordinator at Granary Barn?
Yes! Elizabeth Clapham.
Is the venue available for exclusive use?
Yes, we only offer exclusive use for you and your party, no other weddings will take place on your day.
Is there in-house catering?
No, although we can provide recommendations. There is a kitchen area within Granary Barn for caterers to work out of. We work closely with your chosen caterers to accommodate their needs to ensure everything runs smoothly on your big day.
Are the tables and chairs included in the price or do I have to hire my own?
Yes! Standard 6ft round tables (seats 10-12 guests comfortably) and chairs are included in the price.
How many guests can you cater for, for sit down dining?
Do you have a licensed bar?
Yes, usage is included in the hire charge of Granary Barn.
How many guests can you accommodate for the evening reception?
A maximum of 250.
Can we supply our own alcohol?
Table wine is permitted whilst food is being served.
Does the bar serve real ale?
Yes, we have one real ale. This will change regularly and may be a limited amount.
What time does the bar open and close?
We provide a staffed bar from your time of arrival following your ceremony until midnight. This is included within the hire charge.
What time does the venue close?
Granary Barn closes at 00:30 and must be fully vacated by 01:00.
Can I have candles?
Yes, we allow candles.
Is entertainment allowed?
Yes. You are able to book your own entertainment and we can provide recommendations if you wish. Please note; bands must cease by 11:00pm and DJ’s must cease by midnight.
Is there a charge for having my own band or DJ?
No, there is no extra charge for having your own band or DJ.
Is there an additional charge for early access to Granary Barn?
No. The hire price you pay allows you access to Granary Barn from 10am on the Thursday before your wedding which will enable you to provide access for any suppliers and carry out any decorating you wish to do.
Can cars be left overnight?
Yes. All cars must leave the property by 4pm on the day following your wedding.
Is accommodation available?
Yes. There is accommodation for up to 18 people.
Can confetti be used?
Biodegradable confetti or real petals may be thrown only. No confetti bombs or foil confetti are allowed at Granary Barn.
Is there disabled parking?
Yes, as signposted.
Can we have ﬁreworks?
No, we do not allow ﬁreworks due to our rural setting and petting farm. Sparklers are allowed.
Can photographers come and view the venue before the date of our wedding? Is this bookable/chargeable?
Yes, they are welcome to come and view the barn and site at a time and day suitable to everyone involved and there is no extra charge.
Is the venue insured?
Yes. We have all the necessary insurance policies.
Are dogs allowed?
Dogs are allowed on the premises but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Is there enough parking for my guests?
We offer two large parking fields, offering ample parking for your guests.
Terms and Conditions - Wedding Venue Hire
1. Your contract is with us, Granary Barn, of Clapham Holme Farm, Hull Road, Great Hatfield, East Yorkshire, HU11 4UX.
2. We appreciate that on occasions someone else (such as a parent) may wish to make payments due to us on your behalf. We are happy to accept such payments, but please note that unless we agree otherwise with you in writing you are legally responsible for any payments due to us.
Making your booking
3. We may agree to you making a provisional booking with us, but this is not legally binding on either you or us unless and until a contract is entered into by agreeing and signing our terms and conditions and a deposit is paid.
4. A non-refundable deposit of £1000 will be required for confirmation of the booking. This is to be returned via BACS or cash payment, together with two signed copies of these terms and conditions. These will be countersigned by Granary Barn indicating acceptance.
5. A contract is only formed between you and us when we receive and countersign your signed terms and conditions. No booking application shall be binding on us and no contract shall be formed unless and until you receive a countersigned terms and conditions. If we do not accept your booking application, we shall of course return your deposit.
Payment of balance
6. The remaining balance of your venue hire is due for payment no later than twelve weeks prior to your wedding date.
7. All prices are inclusive of VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date the contract is formed between you and us and the date of your wedding, we will adjust the VAT you pay (and hence the overall price of the wedding venue hire charge), unless you have already paid your wedding venue hire charge in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
8. It is your responsibility to book the Registrar for your wedding. If you have not booked the Registrar before making your booking application with us, we advise you to do so as soon as possible after you have received our confirmation of booking.
9. The registrar is booked separately by you for your wedding ceremony. Granary Barn accept no responsibility for this process. If a deposit is paid to us to secure a date for the venue, but the registrar is unavailable, Granary Barn will try to accommodate a change of date, however due to other bookings this may not be possible. We advise that the registrar is contacted in the first instance to check availability.
10. All drinks must be paid for separately to the hire price of Granary Barn. Drinks are to be purchased from our very competitively priced bar. Own alcohol is strictly prohibited at the venue with the exception of table wine during the serving of food during the day. Any guests found consuming their own alcohol will be asked to leave the venue.
11. If you require different tables or chairs, to the ones which are included within the hire price of the venue, you are welcome to hire them independently from a third party. Granary Barn does not contribute to any such independent arrangement, nor is the hire price of Granary Barn reduced.
12. You must comply with and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that your guests comply with, all our reasonable instructions intended to ensure the safety of property and/or people at the venue.
13. You must provide your guests with such information we may reasonably request regarding arrangements to be followed at the venue (for example, in relation to car parking, alcohol and finishing times for music and entertainment).
14. Any damage caused to the Venue, its equipment, contents or fittings will be invoiced directly to the couple immediately after the event.
15. We reserve the right to stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the interior or exterior of the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue, and we will not tolerate any abusive behaviour by guests to any other guests or member of staff. We reserve the right to remove any persons acting inappropriately from the venue.
16. If you include any images of the venue on your wedding invitations, you must ensure that you have the permission of the appropriate copyright holder.
17. Details of third-party suppliers we provide to you are intended to help you in arranging other services to be provided in connection with your wedding. If you do engage these or any other third-party suppliers, we accept no responsibility for their performance of services and you should take up any complaints with them directly. You are also responsible for paying their charges directly. We reserve the right not to allow into the venue any third-party suppliers who do not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the venue.
Cancellation by you
18.If you want to cancel a confirmed booking, you must do so in writing as outlined in paragraph 41. We will then contact you via email to confirm receipt of the cancellation request and confirm any monies owed to us.
19. We will use reasonable endeavours to “re-sell” the date to another couple. However, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when you cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay shall be determined by reference to the table below. We will tell you the exact cancellation charges once we know whether or not we have been able to resell the date, and you must pay the charges within 20 working days of our invoice.
We strongly advise all couples to purchase wedding insurance to assist you with this matter should the occasion arise.
Cancellation by us
20. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to you and without any obligation to refund your deposit if:
(a) you do not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the date due for such payment; or
(b) we have reasonable grounds to believe that you may not pay us the balance of your wedding package price by the due date and we have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so satisfactorily; or
(c) we discover, before you have paid the balance of your wedding package price, that you have deliberately concealed information, or deliberately given us incorrect information, about your intended wedding in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking; or
(d) we have reasonable grounds to believe that your behaviour or that of your guests at the wedding is likely to result in damage to the venue or to our property and/or injury to people.
21. If we cancel your booking under paragraph 20, you must pay us any losses and costs we suffer because of the cancellation which were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into, whether or not we are able to resell the date. Depending on when we cancel, the cancellation charges you must pay will be determined by reference to the table set out under paragraph 19 above.
Events outside our control
22. Except as set out in this paragraph 22, we shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under our contract with you that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (such as serious damage to the venue, serious adverse weather conditions, a pandemic or epidemic, or interruption or failure of utility services such as electric power, gas or water). In these circumstances, we shall use every effort to notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. If, as a result of such events, we believe we have no alternative but to cancel your booking, we shall use reasonable endeavours to help you find an alternative venue of a similar standard for a similar price but our sole liability to you shall be to refund you any money you have paid towards your wedding package.
Limitation of our liability to you
23. Subject to paragraph 22, our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money payable to us for your wedding package. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the contract was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
24. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or limit (or attempt to exclude or limit) our liability.
Changes to the venue and/or your wedding package
25. We reserve the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the venue between the time we accept your booking and the date of your wedding. For example, we may make changes to the décor and colour, and we cannot guarantee that the venue and its surrounds will be free from additional structures (such as scaffolding).
26. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of your wedding have to be altered. However, as a wedding plan is normally put together a long time before your scheduled date, we reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which we reasonably believe will not be to the detriment of your overall wedding experience.
27. We will notify you of any significant changes covered by paragraphs 25 and 26, but unless the change is one which is likely to fundamentally change the nature of your wedding experience we will not offer a refund, costs or compensation.
28. Accommodation is provided for up to eighteen people, comprising of four holiday cottages within the Atrium. There are two, three-bedroom cottages and two, two-bedroom cottages. The cost of the accommodation is £1,400, which is in addition to the venue hire charge. This includes two nights stay for up to eighteen people. Due to exclusive use of Granary Barn and Clapham Holme Farm for all weddings, the accommodation will need to be paid in addition to the hire price even if it is not used. No reduction in price will be applied for less than eighteen people staying.
Set-up, deliveries and appointments
29. Set-up and deliveries for weddings are between 10.00am and 6.00pm unless prior arrangements are made with Granary Barn direct. Collections are between 9:00am and 4.00pm the day after the wedding unless by prior arrangement. Appointments for viewings must be made in advance including at weekends.
30. The bar at Granary Barn closes at 11.30. Bands must cease by 11:00pm and DJ’s must cease by midnight. All guests should have left the premises by 1am. Taxis and other transport should be arranged accordingly, prior to the event.
31. Final numbers are to be confirmed 7 days prior to the event to enable the setup of chairs and tables.
32. The Atrium in which the Ceremony is held and anything within the Atrium must be of a non-secular nature and not reflect religious beliefs. Smoking or the consumption of food is not permitted before or during the ceremony. Guests should be advised to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to the Service.
Chinese Lanterns and Fireworks
33. Due to safety issues and insurance Chinese Lanterns and Fireworks are not allowed at Granary Barn. Sparklers are permitted; however, Granary Barn does not accept any liability for any injury caused using sparklers. Sparklers must be discarded appropriately.
34. Granary Barn do not accept responsibility or liability in respect of loss or damage to vehicles or personal effects belonging to the hirer, their guests, entertainers, caterers or any third party during the period of hire.
35. Granary Barn does not accept responsibility or liability in respect of damage or harm from the effects of using candles.
Period of Hire
36. The hire price you pay allows you access to Granary Barn from 10am on the day prior to your wedding.
We ask that all belongings are removed from the venue by 4pm on the day after your wedding at the latest. Any belongings remaining after this time, without prior permission, may be discarded.
37. If only one person is making the wedding booking, that person confirms that s/he has the authority to make the booking on behalf of both persons intending to be married. Our contract will therefore be with both such persons.
38. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided that the correction does not materially affect the contract.
39. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under our contract with you to another person without our prior written consent, which we will not withhold unreasonably. We can transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights under these terms.
40. No person who is not a party to our contract with you shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
41. All written communications by you to us must be sent by first class post to Granary Barn, Clapham Holme Farm, Hull Road, Great Hatfield, East Yorkshire, HU11 4UX or by e mail to email@example.com (or to such other address that we may notify to you). We may send written communications to you at either the e mail or postal address set out in your booking form.
42. These terms shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.